It’s so awesome when you find a brand thats head and heart is in the right place. Melie Bianco prides themselves on crafting high-end luxury bags, without compromising quality, based on its vegan product line. At a perfect price point, affordable luxury could be their middle name. I love the dual pattern on this Melie […]
I remember a few years ago when people were embarrassed to admit that they bought clothes from certain fast fashion brands. Now it’s a whole other thing. It’s a badge of honor to shop at Mango, Zara, ASOS, H&M, and the like. Fast fashion is here, it’s damn good, and its gonna stay. I remember girlfriends […]
As much as I prefer wearing my skinny jean edgier look, there are days such as this that I’m more relaxed. Yes, It’s February and 2015 is exhausting! So many goals to chase and the first quarter is almost up! When I walk I take long strides, so its befitting for me to be in love with wide […]
When styling shorts, or anything in my life really, I truly embrace casual summer style. The reason is that it is wonderfully effortless, easy, simple, and chic. I live an uncomplicated unfussy life and I allow my style to showcase that. I’ve styled shorts for night-time, but for the day I’m keeping it simple. Causal […]
A friend of mine has tattooed on her arm Fear is a lie. It’s a pretty powerful statement right?!? We both love the color army green, which reminded me of a couple of army friends that taught me about strength, honor, power and resilience. The message, mottos, the stories and strength they shared without a doubt changed […]
Growing up all I wore was black – ok I was a teenager and all, but it took me a bit of time to get into color. Now I loved color, I just didn’t wear it. But as I slowly emerged into brighter things, I also notice my outlook and happiness change, Yup. The whole […]
Isabel Marant for H&M Collection was my first “capsule collection” experience. When a super talented highly coveted expensive designer teams up with a powerhouse big-box fashion store, it’s a pretty big deal. The “limited edition” capsule collection is created offering the designers styles at a fraction of the namesake price. When I say Limited, believe me, it’s limited! My five key lessons learned from the Isabel Marant For H&M Collection:
1. Plan if you really REALLY want to attend. I thought I did, but arrived 20 minutes after the store opened, which was a big mistake as I had planned to arrive early. In 20 minutes 1/2 the merchandise was gone.
2. If the lookbook is available online, then make a list of what you like and print out the images to show sales assistants if need be. This way you can strategize where to spend your time, as it’s a mad dash to grab it all. Thankfully the collection was available to view online beforehand.
3. Start grabbing. “If you snooze you lose” as the saying goes. Grab multiple sizes as you never know what’s going to fit.
4. Befriend the other shoppers there. TRUST ME. Yes it’s a mad dash, but when you’re in the line for the changing room, it’s a great way to say “hey I’m a size [blank] if you have anything you don’t want in that size could I have it?” This happen 5 times today inline – way to go girl power!
5. If you think you can do it all online, well think again. What happens when too much traffic comes to a site is it crashes. In this case the H&M website crashed – they did have a ticketing queue, but without access to the site whats the point?!