YAY for the holidays! It’s that awesome time of the year when people throw parties, and lot’s of them. When I think of holiday dinners, I think of any and all dinner parties that take place between Thanksgiving and New Years. My holiday dinner party table settings are always decorated with lot’s of fun and […]
If your living in the northern hemisphere, winter is defiantly here. There is nothing better as the weekend what you need, like sunny yellow to really go POP. From kitchen and decor accessories to your accessories, a little color therapy never hurt anyone. Speaking of color therapy – what is it good for? Wisdom, clarity, […]
Ok admit it. We all have items in our wardrobe that we have been MEANING to fix, whether its a missing button on a shirt or tailoring for pants or a dress. Shoes that need a new sole, or a quick polish. Jewelry that has a broken link, or has lost it’s lustre. Before you know it, you have amassed a collection of unwearables. Here’s how to wake up your wardrobe in a snap.
1. Start with clothes, shoes, jewelry then accessories. Go through every single item – and if it is not ready to wear right now, then take it out of closet. Only what’s inside is ready to go.
2. Divide the categories into piles, and sort by what needs to be fixed right now, and what can wait a week. Or if your eager and budget is not a problem, take them to get fixed all at once. You would be surprised at how many items will be on your list. Just in clothing I had 22!
3. Have a go to Tailor, Shoe repair place, and Jeweler in your arsenal of need to know contacts. Stat. Ask friends, read reviews, and then you will be better equipped at getting items repaired as opposed to letting them linger. Those three musketeers are your most underutilized best friends.
4. Invest in your own small fix it kit. One for shoe repairs/polish. One for sewing/buttons/simple tailoring. One for polishing/maintenance of leather bags. Being able to do your own little tasks like sewing on a button, gives you a new skill, and a new appreciation of your item. Trust me on this one.
5. The item – clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories ONLY goes back into the wardrobe when it’s in tip-top shop. The best closet to shop in should be your own. Make sure everything is tip-top chic, just like you.
There’s a reason I GET Michelin Star Chef David Myers. Yes we both live in Los Angeles, yes we both have a love of food, and yes I have dined at his many restaurants many times. I get him primarily because he gets ME, which is my hometown of Hong Kong. He spent the summer […]
Here’s a collection of the best Tartan Plaid patterns this season, and EVERY season in my opinion. I love Tartan (yes I’m from overseas – so I haven’t yet grasped to say plaid). Buuutttttt…..technically it is different. So what is the difference? Tartan is a type of pattern with a criss-cross of horizontal and vertical bands […]
With the Holiday’s here it is time to get festive, and show off the best must have it Red. Being such a powerful color, just one item can turn an outfit or a area of your home into fab. Here’s a cool & chic collection that I’m vibing. 1. Italian Red Flower Candle | 2.Bolt Slice Necklace | […]
What makes French women so chic? There’s more to being a stylish French woman than a striped top, black capris and a pouty red lips. It’s not always what they do that makes them so amazing, it’s what they DONT do. Here are my top 10 favorites a French woman never does: Never puts on […]
Modern eclectic wooden twisted root side table. Are you always on the hunt for that unique eclectic piece that no one has? Me too. There is something enchanted about table legs that look like they are on the move. The combined textures of the smooth round top, to the uneven rambling of the twisted legs is refreshing and new. In an ever so perfect furniture world, this brings the elements of wood, which is a fundamental element in design, inside the house. At any given point it feels like there is more story, more history taking place here. The side table is a modern & wonderfully unusual, and is a great example of repurposing, being made from reclaimed natural materials. It screams rustic, organic and wants to go for a walk. Made of reclaimed mahogany. Each table will vary. Supports up to 250 lbs. Outdoor safe in a covered area; limit exposure to the elements. Approx 17.75″D. x 24″T.
Got Leg? Although it comes in the choices of Red or Black, this side table is a stunner. Is cheeky, its French, its darling. What would normally be a regular side table, is now an extraordinary work of art that takes you on a journey. This is a prime example of Curated Cool’s ethos; Livable works of art. Pieces that are re-imagined and then let the owner create its own path. Designed by Benoit Convers, teaming up as a trio that makes up IBRIDE. Love.