I reckon there isn’t anything Isabel Marant touches that doesn’t turn to gold. In a structured one-of-a-kind-design, her one shoulder dress winningly stands out from the crowd. The embroidered lace and frills with a wide neckline is composed so well that all of you is hanging in – ya know what I mean right?!? See not all body […]
Gosh it’s so frustrating when you’re in that mindset of “what to wear, oh look I have nothing!” Yep – I don’t think there’s a single gal that has never had a moment like that. So how to does one get past this and what does one do? When I’m in a jam I get […]
Modern and minimally chic, Isabel Marant’s chainmail necklace is one part jewelry and one part scarf. Melding the two forms of accessorizing together is smart, hip, and on point trendy. I mean it’s Marant; one can never go wrong. 16″ length. Brass – Made in France. CLICK THE LINK TO FOLLOW ME: BLOGLOVIN […]
As a huge fan of stripes (well, addict really), I’m equally a fan of polka dots and wanted to keep the look light and fresh by going with a capri style pant. But not any capri pant. I prefer ones with patterns, as we don’t see enough of them around. Wearing patterns on the top and […]
A born sucker for jewelry that dangles, these black horn Isabel Marant earrings kinda had me at hello. The pendant style is elongated with minimalism which makes it such a stunner, but that’s classic Marant for you right there. Buffalo horn pendant in black, with hook closure. 3.75″ length. 65% brass, 25% buffalo horn, 10% resin. Made in […]
As a believer in dressing for all occasions, dressing elegantly casual can be a tricky one to get right. More than ever, the Less is More theory is relevant. The elegance starts with the blouse, as it’s soft silk is the anchor to the outfit. The casualness comes from the printed Capri pants, that have a slight sheen […]
Isabel Marant for H&M Collection was my first “capsule collection” experience. When a super talented highly coveted expensive designer teams up with a powerhouse big-box fashion store, it’s a pretty big deal. The “limited edition” capsule collection is created offering the designers styles at a fraction of the namesake price. When I say Limited, believe me, it’s limited! My five key lessons learned from the Isabel Marant For H&M Collection:
1. Plan if you really REALLY want to attend. I thought I did, but arrived 20 minutes after the store opened, which was a big mistake as I had planned to arrive early. In 20 minutes 1/2 the merchandise was gone.
2. If the lookbook is available online, then make a list of what you like and print out the images to show sales assistants if need be. This way you can strategize where to spend your time, as it’s a mad dash to grab it all. Thankfully the collection was available to view online beforehand.
3. Start grabbing. “If you snooze you lose” as the saying goes. Grab multiple sizes as you never know what’s going to fit.
4. Befriend the other shoppers there. TRUST ME. Yes it’s a mad dash, but when you’re in the line for the changing room, it’s a great way to say “hey I’m a size [blank] if you have anything you don’t want in that size could I have it?” This happen 5 times today inline – way to go girl power!
5. If you think you can do it all online, well think again. What happens when too much traffic comes to a site is it crashes. In this case the H&M website crashed – they did have a ticketing queue, but without access to the site whats the point?!