As I write this mid-air on my way to Madrid, I’m dancing in my seat. Really. I’ve got a front window view, a killer playlist, and I’ve got you! Someone I can tell the story, about the who, the what, and the why of what I do. I get asked these travel questions often, so I figure I’d break it down.
As I plan more trips and head overseas for another set of adventures over the next couple of months, I am happy about one thing – I’m lucky enough to get to travel. Never for a moment, or a split second to I take it for granted, and am always excited for the life experiences that each journey brings me. So How do I do it? How do I make the time, find the money, juggle life and figure it out to make my dreams a reality? Here it is; my motivation, my mantra, my core beliefs my everything on how to grab wanderlust by the horns & NEVER let go.
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
1. You Have To Just Say Yes – There will never be a perfect time, there will always be work, commitments, family and what they call life. It’s a fact. So you buy the ticket and you take that ride. By purchasing a ticket in advance it forces you to figure out a way to make it happen. I book tickets sometimes 9 months in advance. Do I know where I’ll be? No. But I can always change it if I need, and I’ve never had to do that yet.
“Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride” – Hunter S. Thompson
2. Live In The Here & Now – I can tell you with so much certainty, we do not know of tomorrow. Really, we don’t. We are told there is time later, but we don’t know that for sure. When I visited NYC for the first time with my dad, a year before 9/11, our last sight to visit was the Twin Towers at the World Trade centre. Being so exhausted, we both looked at each other and agreed we’d experience it next time. That clearly never happened, hence I live for each moment because I honestly don’t know what is next, and neither do you!
“I never worry about the future. It comes soon enough”
– Albert Einstein
3. Don’t Talk. Just Do! – Are you that person that’s all talk and no show? We all know people who are this way. They talk about how they are going to do this and that, go here and there. A pivotal moment occurred when wanting to see the Aurora Borealis, and I said to myself, that I’m not going to keep saying I’m going to do it, I just will. That’s when I started doing, and the ball was set in motion. I made a serious life choice to be a doer, someone that takes action and never looks back. So far so good!
“Action expresses priorities” – Gandhi
4. Jump & The Net Will Appear – I vividly remember making a conscious choice at the age of 15, that I was not going to walk through life half asleep, I was going to be present. Is it scary? Yeah sometimes. Is it harder on your own? Without a doubt! And most of my travels are by myself. But I gain something valuable, I gain a gut instinct, and certain truth, that I am making choices that are right for me. I’m more scared now NOT to jump. Not to see the world, not knowing what if. In fact, it’s what I live for…
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count.
It’s the life in your years” – Abraham Lincoln
5. Discover Your Truth – Well what does that mean?!? It could be a zillion things! Yeah, it could. But I know my truth, and that is I don’t have oxygen and I cannot breathe unless travel is part of my routine. It is one of the few things in my life I know I was meant to do. And that’s why I share it with you. Why I invite you on every journey, every experience, and every secret that one by one I am unfolding. So what is your truth? What is your oxygen that gives you a reason to wake up and do it again?
“You only live once but if you do it right once is enough” – Mae West
All Photos © CuratedCool via Instagram <<—– Follow Here.
CLICK THE LINK TO FOLLOW ME: