Truth: I am not a person that wears a lot of bodycon (body conscious) dresses. But when I do, I wear it to the max in a way that flatters, draws attention to the right areas, and I always keep in classy. This makes the look timeless and effortless and it’s a pretty simple strategy. So if you’ve ever struggled with how to wear a bodycon dress, well this posts for you. To be fair, when I tried this dress on I loved it immediately, and that’s also how you’ll know.
1. Confidence – Let’s be clear about that it has nothing to do with your size, weight, height or whatever. I’ve seen some beautiful plus size beauties, and any size beauties rock it. But they knew what I knew, a girls got to own it. When your confidence is on point, you’re on point.
2. Play to your Assets – A gal should know her body strengths and weaknesses, and if you’re not sure of what they are, there’s no time like getting a bodycon dress to figure it out. For me personally it’s my legs, and I’m not the type of gal to show cleavage. It’s cool if you do, just balance it out somewhere else.
3. Balance – You can go full-out and wear a 100% bodycon dress, but how you style and accessorize it will make the difference. I’ve chosen a dress that doesn’t show cleavage and has a billowing top to it. This creates room for the imagination, style details like the rouging on the sleeves, and an opposite effect for where the eye get’s drawn to.
4. Undergarments – Some people feel good wearing Spanx or body slimming underwear, and its cool if you do. Again, focus on what you might want to minimize and wear that. I have a friend that’s in amazing shape that wears Spanx with her dresses, because it gives her confidence, so again, it has nothing to do with what size you are.
5. Less Is More – To rock a dress that is effortlessly chic, I truly believe in accessories making the outfit. I kept with a nude heel to match the top part of the dress, and a navy clutch, to match the bottom potion. The pop of green is still in the same color scheme so nothing screams out too loud. I also am not wearing a jacket, so I can showcase of the detail of the top, and its low back.
How To Wear A Bodycon Dress:
The right way.
Photographed by Patric Massou
Similar Alice + Olivia Dresses That Caught My Eye:
Alice + Olivia Dress (old) | Similar Here
Club Monaco Python Clutch (old) | Similar Here
Vintage Belt | Similar Here *ON SALE
CLICK THE LINK TO FOLLOW ME: