I started using face oils a few years ago at the start of the zeitgeist movement; I didn’t know anything, but I fell head over heels because it was the beauty trend everyone was clamoring to be a part of. Did I know what I was doing? Pffff, yeah right!
I slapped it on here; applied more there, and all, because I thought more, was better. Instead, I was left with a mug shiner than a ten polished floors! After many attempts, a lot of research and trialed methods later, I came to love CLARINS Lotus Face Treatment Oil and figured out the best way to master face oils in five quick steps:
1. Test The Market: Take the time to find the right oil for you. I travel a lot, so for me, the litmus test for a product is in the air. If you work well for me there, then you’ll work anywhere. I love that CLARINS has three different oils to choose from depending on your needs and skin type.
2. Line Up: In order for all your products to work effectively, you need to know what order to apply them. Mine is for a nighttime routine:
- Face oil
Take a moment for each layer to sink in before applying the rest.
3. Dab Vs. Rub: If you choose to apply your oil after your favorite moisturizer, then press the oils into the skin pushing them into your pores. If you want to mix it in with a heavier moisturizer, then rub both products into your palms to create warmth, and then press or softly rub into the skin. This will allow your skin to absorb the oil easier.
4. Size Matters: Seeing as most oils come in a measured dropper bottle or pump, less is always more. Try three drops or one to two small pumps until you find the comfortable amount for you.
5. Glow Time: There are so many benefits to oils apart from using them as part of your skincare routine. To get that dewy ‘I woke up like this’ glow, apply a thin layer before your make up primer, or after you make up is set. Run a drop over highlighted areas such as brow bones, cheeks bones or basically anywhere you have a facial bone! #naturalhighlghter
I’ve tested a bunch of oils and for me, they all have a purpose. The scent of an oil is a deciding key factor. It cannot be overpowering with perfume and that’s what I love about CLARINS Lotus Face Treatment Oil. It has a subtle yet mood lifting scent, and it works for my combination skin, leaving me feeling hydrated, even 35,000 feet in the sky! #winning
Some Of My CLARINS Faves Worth Noting:
Massive thanks to Clarins for sponsoring this post! *All opinions and thoughts are my own.