We all want to stand out from the masses, show our individuality, and dress like the artists that we are, or that we hope to be. So how do you go about finding those pieces that make you stand out from the rest? It’s all in the details! Here is what I look for:
1. Textures – The 3D texture on this top makes it unique, because craftsmanship like that is hard to come by.
2. Do not repeat – Don’t keep doubling up on pieces in your wardrobe. Its one thing to have 3 striped shirts, but make sure each one is unique and different.
3. Styles – Have a variety of clothes that hang differently on you. The top here is an A-frame, and I don’t have any of those – so it’s a great addition to my wardrobe.
4. Opposites – Because the top here is texture heavy and one tone, its ok to have pattern and color on the bottom. Your eye will still go to the top first as the 3D texture of the fabric draws you in.
5. Color – The lime green piping detail on the pants gives it that slight bit of POP, and the deep red pumps complete the look.
So remember to look for the details, as that is what makes each piece stand out. So when you have 10 items that are so unique, and blend them into your wardrobe, you have raised your style to the next level. Imagine your wardrobe if you had 20 unique pieces and so on….
“To create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest detail” – Giorgio Armani
“Only the poet can look beyond the detail and see the whole picture” – Helen Hayes
“Caress the detail, the divine detail” – Vladimir Nabokov
Photo Credit: www.curtyphotography.com by Marjorie Curty
Rachel Comey Top | Similar here
Aqua | Pants
Aldo | Red suede pumps
Sunglasses | Similar here
Stila | Lip stain in fiery (Out of stock at Sephora)
FOLLOW ME: BLOGLOVIN – INSTAGRAM – FACEBOOK – TWITTER –
PINTEREST – GOOGLE+