Here are tips for finding cool leather jackets that I adhere to. As I build the perfect wardrobe I have guidelines for myself. It helps me stay focused on what it is that I want, saves time and money, and I get to create that killer wardrobe.
- Forget About Tailoring – As a big fan of alterations and being able to create something new to fit my body, working with leather is a whole other headache. It’s too expensive, and so if it doesn’t fit you perfectly the way you want it to, fuhgeddaboudit!!
- All or Nothing – A big trend taking place right now are jackets that are half leather half fabric, personally I’m not into that, regardless of the trend. If I’m paying for a leather jacket I’m paying for the whole thing. You might like more room near the arms where most of the fabric is added, so essentially look for comfort.
- Sense of Style – This comes back to knowing your body and what works well on you. It’s a personal choice whether you go for a Moto, Perfecto or Bomber style jacket, but here’s where I say screw trends, and get what’s kick ass on YOU!
- Go Against the Grain – I love a rustic worn in look to my jackets, so I tend to lean towards pebbled grainy leathers that show character and detail. I have faux leather jackets that are smooth too, but they are a different style and color, allowing for variety in my wardrobe.
- Harden Up – I’m a hardware fanatic when it comes to any type of buckle, zipper, stud or attachment. I’m not a gold gal, so with so many gold options out there, I really stick to my vision of the perfect jacket. It takes longer going this route, but if you’re like me and are willing to wait, the price of perfection is worth it.
- Hoodwinked – To Hood or not to Hood? At the moment I’m hood free, but I like being able to make the choice. I don’t want the extra weight on my neck or back, but if there is a zippered compartment at the neck that can be rolled up that’s different. [Check out the leather jacket I cut the hood off and just zipped into it’s compartment. Made for a chunky cool collar]
Cool Leather Jackets:
6 essential tips you can learn today.
Photographed by Patric Massou
IMPROVD Leather Jacket
Manolo Blahnik Boots
Vita Fede Mini Cuff
CLICK THE LINK TO FOLLOW ME: