When it comes to finding the best ways to pay it forward in life, these 5 key tips work both professionally and personally. The biggest misconception that I see is that people treat these two worlds as polar opposites. So not true. You are the SAME person in your personal world as you are in your business world. Fact. These are the tools I use, and they are proven…
1. Be Nice – Ha, ok don’t laugh, but they’re a lot of people out there that don’t have as much self-esteem or confidence as you, and everyone’s trying to get a leg up. My attitude is be nice to EVERYONE, from the barista at Starbucks, to the cashier at 7-11. They in turn will be nice back to you. It’s the karma of life, if you will.
2. Be of Service – By providing help to someone you are in essence giving back and saying, I think you matter, how can I help you? We all have problems that need to be solved, and by lending an unbiased ear is sometimes the best way to offer help or guidance, and again, it doesn’t matter if you know the person or not.
3. Look Me In The Eye – Nothing screams confidence more than looking someone straight in the eye. Why? Cause it takes guts, and when you keep talking to them but still are looking them in the eye, you are gracing them with your attention. You let them know that they are important, and in a business meeting people notice everything. Including the receptionist.
4. Open Your Wallet – When someone has helped you, or you have had a great meeting, thanking someone in return is an action that speaks louder than words. You took the time to write a thank you note, send a small gift, or you could take them out to coffee. The smallest act goes a long way, and it doesn’t need to expensive in the least.
5. Expect Nothing In Return – Probably the most important piece of advice I can give to you. Always be in the mindset of doing an act because you want to, not cause you need to. It’s a really bad attitude to adopt when you think people OWE you. They don’t, and then you start expecting things in return. An attitude of gratitude is the mantra I live by.
Best Ways To Pay It Forward In Business & Life?
Here’s 5 key tips.
Photographed by Patric Massou
Similar Pieces That Caught My Eye:
Venia Collection Leather Jacket
Winter Kate Camisole (old) | Similar Here
Rag & Bone Skinny Jeans
Elizabeth & James Chain Wallet
Kate Spade Bangle
Jewelry is from rocksbox.com, a $19 monthly designer jewelry subscription service. Rotate as many pieces as you want for $19. Use my code for 1st month free, 2nd month 50% off! Killer deal.
Enter code: curatedcoolxoxo
CLICK THE LINK TO FOLLOW ME: