Hello Day 2 of Curated Cool’s Fashion Style Lookbook – Collection 2. So what do you think? What styles do you love? The main goal being to put looks together for YOU! I want to know what YOU like, and perhaps what you would like to see more of. Please let me know which numbers you like, and leave […]
Isabel Marant for H&M Collection was my first “capsule collection” experience. When a super talented highly coveted expensive designer teams up with a powerhouse big-box fashion store, it’s a pretty big deal. The “limited edition” capsule collection is created offering the designers styles at a fraction of the namesake price. When I say Limited, believe me, it’s limited! My five key lessons learned from the Isabel Marant For H&M Collection:
1. Plan if you really REALLY want to attend. I thought I did, but arrived 20 minutes after the store opened, which was a big mistake as I had planned to arrive early. In 20 minutes 1/2 the merchandise was gone.
2. If the lookbook is available online, then make a list of what you like and print out the images to show sales assistants if need be. This way you can strategize where to spend your time, as it’s a mad dash to grab it all. Thankfully the collection was available to view online beforehand.
3. Start grabbing. “If you snooze you lose” as the saying goes. Grab multiple sizes as you never know what’s going to fit.
4. Befriend the other shoppers there. TRUST ME. Yes it’s a mad dash, but when you’re in the line for the changing room, it’s a great way to say “hey I’m a size [blank] if you have anything you don’t want in that size could I have it?” This happen 5 times today inline – way to go girl power!
5. If you think you can do it all online, well think again. What happens when too much traffic comes to a site is it crashes. In this case the H&M website crashed – they did have a ticketing queue, but without access to the site whats the point?!
For the price of a decent lunch out, Christian Dior reveals the secrets of style in this handbook that covers everything from what to wear to a wedding, and how to tie a scarf, to how to walk with grace. Dior’s expertise ensures every girl will know the three fundamentals of fashion: simplicity, grooming, and good taste. Illustrated with photographs and drawings, this classic is the perfect gift for stylish women, as it’s ideal for every fashion lover. With good quality paper, the pictures in this book are from the 50’s, showing that good taste is classic and never goes out of style. Getting inside the mid of one of fashions great power houses. For less than $13, you can learn a thing or two. 128 Pages. Hardcover. 7.25″ x 5.5″ x 3/4″. Written by Christian Dior. Click HERE to look inside.