Today I wanted to curate a collection of chic accessories and decor items that are ALL ON SALE!! When building a collection whether it’s jewelry, or glass jars, or decorating a room – Always bring in pieces that are unique and different. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love Collectables ON SALE. I’m loving all […]
We have now entered the in-between. The time between Christmas and New Years day where parties and holiday celebrations continue. The weather is insanely wonderful in LA, which makes dressing for parties rather simple. As a firm believe in the less-is-more way of styling, there is nothing more classic than a Chambray shirt as it’s […]
When I think of Kelly Green color, I think of Grace Kelly. Stylish, sophisticated and oh so very chic. Although the color is not actually named after her, I wanted to create a collection that was inspired by her living in today’s world. YES she would have bunny ice trays, and yes she would be […]
I remember the first time I heard Pink Floyd’s iconic song Learning to Fly. I was 12 years old on a flight from Sydney to Hong Kong. I was restless, tired and couldn’t sleep. My older brother trying to help out says: “Listen to this.” The metaphor was pretty on point as we were FLYING. I. […]
I remember being a dreamer at 5 years old, putting on clothes for school plays and pantomimes that were kept in the schools wardrobe box. Rumbling through those decadent choices cemented my visions about playing dress up. Its fantasy, dramatic, edgy, ethereal, glamorous, and its all how you feel, or WANT to feel. There are […]
Living in Los Angeles, it’s not hard to plan your outfits for the day as it’s always sunny in Southern California. Whenever I have meetings during the day, its most important that I feel comfortable while also looking chic. I do this by putting together a simple outfit that comes across as effortless. The key […]
Growing up people would always ask whats your favorite color? Mine was always gray, but it was never on any list. I always hated that. Well thanks to the Phenom book trilogy “50 Shades of Gray” now it’s on everybody’s list. The color works so well as a wall paint color, but accessories is where […]
Ok truth time: I have a love affair with colors, especially ones that are classic, like this stunning shade of classic navy blue. So classy, it goes with everything, is timeless, and is a great color to wear all year round. I hunted down these items, as I felt they represented the color theme well. […]
YAY for the holidays! It’s that awesome time of the year when people throw parties, and lot’s of them. When I think of holiday dinners, I think of any and all dinner parties that take place between Thanksgiving and New Years. My holiday dinner party table settings are always decorated with lot’s of fun and […]
If your living in the northern hemisphere, winter is defiantly here. There is nothing better as the weekend what you need, like sunny yellow to really go POP. From kitchen and decor accessories to your accessories, a little color therapy never hurt anyone. Speaking of color therapy – what is it good for? Wisdom, clarity, […]
Ok admit it. We all have items in our wardrobe that we have been MEANING to fix, whether its a missing button on a shirt or tailoring for pants or a dress. Shoes that need a new sole, or a quick polish. Jewelry that has a broken link, or has lost it’s lustre. Before you know it, you have amassed a collection of unwearables. Here’s how to wake up your wardrobe in a snap.
1. Start with clothes, shoes, jewelry then accessories. Go through every single item – and if it is not ready to wear right now, then take it out of closet. Only what’s inside is ready to go.
2. Divide the categories into piles, and sort by what needs to be fixed right now, and what can wait a week. Or if your eager and budget is not a problem, take them to get fixed all at once. You would be surprised at how many items will be on your list. Just in clothing I had 22!
3. Have a go to Tailor, Shoe repair place, and Jeweler in your arsenal of need to know contacts. Stat. Ask friends, read reviews, and then you will be better equipped at getting items repaired as opposed to letting them linger. Those three musketeers are your most underutilized best friends.
4. Invest in your own small fix it kit. One for shoe repairs/polish. One for sewing/buttons/simple tailoring. One for polishing/maintenance of leather bags. Being able to do your own little tasks like sewing on a button, gives you a new skill, and a new appreciation of your item. Trust me on this one.
5. The item – clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories ONLY goes back into the wardrobe when it’s in tip-top shop. The best closet to shop in should be your own. Make sure everything is tip-top chic, just like you.