The easiest rules for safe online shopping that I adhere to myself.
1. Look for a good return policy. This way you can shop with confidence, knowing returns are easy, whether it’s in-store or online.
2. Look for the fine print. Especially with imports from another country, due to taxes and tariffs. You don’t want to be surprised by extra import fees.
3. Always pick “Check out as a Guest”, unless you shop with that merchant a lot. They don’t need to store your personal information.
4. Look for FREE SHIPPING, and if possible free returns. It’s an added bonus making you want to shop with that merchant.
5. Look for a good return policy. AGAIN. Cannot state this enough. It will save you $$ and very few headaches in the end. HAPPY SHOPPING!!
Ok admit it. We all have items in our wardrobe that we have been MEANING to fix, whether its a missing button on a shirt or tailoring for pants or a dress. Shoes that need a new sole, or a quick polish. Jewelry that has a broken link, or has lost it’s lustre. Before you know it, you have amassed a collection of unwearables. Here’s how to wake up your wardrobe in a snap.
1. Start with clothes, shoes, jewelry then accessories. Go through every single item – and if it is not ready to wear right now, then take it out of closet. Only what’s inside is ready to go.
2. Divide the categories into piles, and sort by what needs to be fixed right now, and what can wait a week. Or if your eager and budget is not a problem, take them to get fixed all at once. You would be surprised at how many items will be on your list. Just in clothing I had 22!
3. Have a go to Tailor, Shoe repair place, and Jeweler in your arsenal of need to know contacts. Stat. Ask friends, read reviews, and then you will be better equipped at getting items repaired as opposed to letting them linger. Those three musketeers are your most underutilized best friends.
4. Invest in your own small fix it kit. One for shoe repairs/polish. One for sewing/buttons/simple tailoring. One for polishing/maintenance of leather bags. Being able to do your own little tasks like sewing on a button, gives you a new skill, and a new appreciation of your item. Trust me on this one.
5. The item – clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories ONLY goes back into the wardrobe when it’s in tip-top shop. The best closet to shop in should be your own. Make sure everything is tip-top chic, just like you.
Isabel Marant for H&M Collection was my first “capsule collection” experience. When a super talented highly coveted expensive designer teams up with a powerhouse big-box fashion store, it’s a pretty big deal. The “limited edition” capsule collection is created offering the designers styles at a fraction of the namesake price. When I say Limited, believe me, it’s limited! My five key lessons learned from the Isabel Marant For H&M Collection:
1. Plan if you really REALLY want to attend. I thought I did, but arrived 20 minutes after the store opened, which was a big mistake as I had planned to arrive early. In 20 minutes 1/2 the merchandise was gone.
2. If the lookbook is available online, then make a list of what you like and print out the images to show sales assistants if need be. This way you can strategize where to spend your time, as it’s a mad dash to grab it all. Thankfully the collection was available to view online beforehand.
3. Start grabbing. “If you snooze you lose” as the saying goes. Grab multiple sizes as you never know what’s going to fit.
4. Befriend the other shoppers there. TRUST ME. Yes it’s a mad dash, but when you’re in the line for the changing room, it’s a great way to say “hey I’m a size [blank] if you have anything you don’t want in that size could I have it?” This happen 5 times today inline – way to go girl power!
5. If you think you can do it all online, well think again. What happens when too much traffic comes to a site is it crashes. In this case the H&M website crashed – they did have a ticketing queue, but without access to the site whats the point?!
1. Firstly, your only ever fighting yourself. Your only ever in competition with yourself. Fact. Realizing this and swallowing ego & pride, makes room for this reflection.
2. Debating with words is a far better option than debating with your fists. Even if you are not at you’re debating best, taking the high road makes you less of a fool.
3. The hardest test is when someone get’s under your skin, and you just cant seem to shake it – It’s absolutely wasted energy. Caveman instincts will let it linger. Curated Cool Instincts say you have to learn to let it go. Hard? yes. Doable? without a doubt.
4. Anytime your having beef with someone, it’s called the mirror effect. Everything you distaste about that person is a reflection of what you hate about yourself. Listen. Learn. Take note. Make those changes. Life will be better when you do.
5. If on the odd chance you DO feel like you need to start a fight, either leave in the post, or perhaps this article is not for you. Just a thought.